Philip Bartlett is not dead.

Shoutbox

Welcome to Pokemopolis!
ShiningStarlia: I remember her voicing a blind kid who was healed by Fat Buu back in Z. And that must've been like, almost 20 years ago I think! Dec 6, 2018 0:08:07 GMT -4
Donkarasu: It's funny, despite Ribrianne getting so much hate (not me, I think she's an entertaining character and love the Magical Girl parody Toei added with her and her team mates) people were excited to hear that Veronica Taylor was voicing Ribrianne. Dec 6, 2018 6:04:19 GMT -4 *
ShiningStarlia: In a way though. I personally have no problem with her and think her magical girl parody is hilarious and her transformation is meant to look hideous that even in-universe Vegeta couldn't bring himself to punch her when she tried to use Rollout on him. Dec 8, 2018 0:28:31 GMT -4
ShiningStarlia: Though considering how much screentime she soaks up, I can see where most of the complaints come from. Then again, one can say the same thing about the Saiyans (U6 and U7) so who am I to complain? Haha. Dec 8, 2018 0:29:21 GMT -4
Ryu Taylor, Dub Lover: I think the forum's banner pic should be changed to Tsareena's butt closeup from today's episode. Pokemopolis thrives on easy-to-take-out-of-context stuff like that. Dec 8, 2018 18:08:39 GMT -4 *
Donkarasu: So have been hearing Movie 21 has a heart warming story, it's not another movie that shoehorns in a Mythical and/or Legendary Pokémon for the sake of views, but rather their use in the plot is respectable, all characters get to do something notable, etc. Dec 9, 2018 9:41:38 GMT -4 *
Ryu Taylor, Dub Lover: While that's true, it did still default to the whole "mythical/legendary hates humans until it meets Ash and friends" formula. Some parts of the old formula just had to stick around. Dec 10, 2018 21:52:31 GMT -4
Ryu Taylor, Dub Lover: Everything else was fresh and well-done, though. And though I trash the music (the only weak point of the movie, and boy is it an Achilles' Heel; that is except for the dub's ending song), the movie itself is spectacular. Dec 10, 2018 21:54:07 GMT -4 *
Donkarasu: Actual so-called-music that deserves to be called "noise" is whatever 4kids used in their dub for One Piece. Music you don't like, but can still clearly hear the instruments, should be called "bad music", calling it "noise" is just a petty insult. Dec 14, 2018 12:09:50 GMT -4 *
Donkarasu: There were no instruments used for the 4kids' One Piece dub music, it was all synthesizers. Dec 14, 2018 12:13:09 GMT -4 *
Donkarasu: Also that dub of that thing which when I showed Ryu the Japanese verison of long ago he said it was fine, but when I brought it up again, Ryu got all aggressive and started saying the original version was bad, despite the dub having all the flaws. Dec 14, 2018 12:17:09 GMT -4 *
Ryu Taylor, Dub Lover: You never showed me that thing any more than once. And also, you showed me it in a failed attempt to make me like something about the JP version. Dec 14, 2018 12:29:39 GMT -4 *
Donkarasu: Yes I did actually, I showed it to you to show you that when the narrator started singing it wasn't like in Brother Bear, like you thought (when the song was put over one character explaining something to another) but rather she was singing with them. Dec 14, 2018 18:16:26 GMT -4 *
Donkarasu: Only you believe it was to get you to like the original, while I was just correcting your misinformation. Dec 14, 2018 18:18:09 GMT -4 *
Ryu Taylor, Dub Lover: That first time was just a correction (and back then, the JP version hadn't fully earned my utter abhorrence). The second time was an attempt to sway me. Dec 14, 2018 19:35:55 GMT -4
Donkarasu: No it wasn't, it was me having to get this thing out of my mind and so the best way was to let it out and share my thoughts with others. I mean by that logic, I guess you telling me that Popplio says "Arwoo" and Ashimari doesn't is you forcing me to like Dec 15, 2018 6:14:45 GMT -4 *
Donkarasu: the dub voice and sway me away from the Japanese one, despite the fact that Popplio only goes "Pop! Pop!" and I have listen to Ashimari's voice more than enough to fully confirm it says what I said it does. But don't worry, I won't make that assumption. Dec 15, 2018 6:26:40 GMT -4
Donkarasu: Oh and by the way, I do like the dub voice, but for a different reason from why I like the Japanese one. Dec 15, 2018 6:30:30 GMT -4
ShiningStarlia: All in all that was a good two parter: wish it lasted longer! And as for Dragonball Super, goodness it was great hearing Veronica Taylor again. She used bits of her May voice in the most recent dub episode. Dec 16, 2018 12:35:04 GMT -4
Ryu Taylor, Dub Lover: HUGE dub-related news: Matori's dub name (or rather, only name since the dub kept her name as Matori) has finally been said in a dub episode. Dec 16, 2018 18:51:11 GMT -4 *